1. What is your role at Abusix?
Sales – North America West
2. When did you join the Abusix team?
3. What do you like most about working here?
I love that we can use creativity and collaboration to find ways to win without being slowed down by overcomplicated processes or multiple approval escalations. We are large enough to have world-class solutions and small enough to be nimble and provide personalized service to our clients.
4. What does an average day for you look like?
Having been with the company for only a month, much of my time is spent speaking with prospects and colleagues to gain an understanding of where the best opportunities are and what a path to success looks like within those accounts. I also spend an hour each day on technical training and outreach to my professional/channel networks.
5. What is the most challenging part of your job?
The inability to meet in person due to covid19 can make it difficult to connect with clients and prospects on a personal level.
6. How would you explain your job to your mom?
I sell network security solutions to companies.
7. Which sources help you to stay up to date?
LinkedIn, Krebs, ZoomInfo, Dark Reading, Wired, Random news sources, Larry Ellis.
8. What is your favorite app you couldn’t live without?
9. What are your passions/ hobbies/ interests?
Martial arts have been a big part of my life for the last 16 years. I mostly train Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and more recently I’ve added Krav Maga to the mix. I also like to build things and refinish cool retro furniture that I find online to keep or resell for profit.
10. Tell us a random fact about you!
I was born in Australia and have also lived in 9 US states.