1. What is your role at Abusix?
Senior Product Owner
2. When did you join the Abusix team?
3. What do you like most about working here?
I like the team spirit, everyone is focused on improving our products and fighting abuse.
4. What does an average day for you look like?
My work is very varied. I spend quite a lot of time dealing with people that have been listed on Abusix Mail Intelligence and I try as hard as I can to be as helpful as possible and enable them to fix issues quickly. When I’m not doing that, I’m working on code improvements, researching new ideas, speaking to potential customers, or writing documentation or material for our Sales and Marketing teams.
5. What is the most challenging part of your job?
Dealing with people that have poor mailing list practices that then start hitting traps and getting blacklisted. They don’t understand why I can’t just tell them the trap address or unsubscribe the trap from their mailings. The other would be non-technical people that have compromised computers inside their network, it’s simply not possible to be able to guide them remotely.
6. How would you explain your job to your mom?
I help protect people online.
7. Which sources help you to stay up to date?
The mailop mailing-list and M3AAWG (messaging anti-abuse working group) Slack keeps me up-to-date on abuse-related stuff and the cron.weekly newsletter keeps me up-to-date with other general tech stuff.
8. What is your favorite app you couldn’t live without?
Does “vim” count as an app? 😉
9. What are your passions/ hobbies/ interests?
I like Motorsports, cycling with my kids and music.
10. Tell us a random fact about you!
Until earlier this year, I was a presenter on the most popular local commercial radio station in the county that I live in here in the UK.