1. What is your role at Abusix?
2. When did you join the Abusix team?
3. What do you like most about working here?
Everyone is skilled and motivated to have an impact on their contributions.
4. What does an average day for you look like?
I write code, review contributions of team members, make architectural decisions with the team, and plan ahead. I also take care of team management tasks.
5. What is the most challenging part of your job?
Prioritizing the workload, deciding how much time I spend coding and how much I spend on the other tasks.
6. How would you explain your job to your mom?
Managing a team of people is not too hard to explain, but explaining how to do that remotely and how software development even works: witchcraft/magic.
7. Which sources help you to stay up to date?
Hackernews, reddit, twitter
8. What is your favorite app you couldn’t live without?
9. What are your passions/ hobbies/ interests?
My wife and son, American Football (former player, now a fan), PC gaming, hiking and biking, coding in my free time
10. Tell us a random fact about you!
I once was a Judo champion in my age and weight class in Schleswig-Holstein.