1. What is your role at Abusix?
Student backend development
2. When did you join the Abusix team?
3. What do you like most about working here?
Working with passionate colleagues on challenging tasks each day.
4. What does an average day for you look like?
First of all, I’m checking if all systems are working as expected and whether any new errors occurred. Depending on the result here, I might spend my day investigating issues and fixing them, or I’ll be working on improving and extending our data processing backend with new features, infrastructure, or performance improvements.
5. What is the most challenging part of your job?
Keeping up with what the bad boys on the internet are doing – thinking around the corner is a must all the time!
6. How would you explain your job to your mom?
I’m writing programs to analyze spam data so that your email inbox is clean and tidy with only the messages you actually want to have there.
7. Which sources help you to stay up to date?
RFCs, heise.de, our internal slack tech channel
8. What is your favorite app you couldn’t live without?
Probably my web browser 😀
9. What are your passions/ hobbies/ interests?
“Nerdy tech stuff”, board games, hiking, fire brigade (I’m a voluntary firefighter!), politics.
10. Tell us a random fact about you!
Before landing in the IT field, I planned to be a farmer.